Build a News Aggregator With Django Created by tutsplus. This templates have specific characteristics, namely: If you like the elegance of the Python programming language, Django is the web framework for you! Django is a powerful but pragmatic framework, with an emphasis on getting work done. If you’ve been wanting to learn more about this popular platform for web application development, then this course .
You can use this Build a News Aggregator With Django on Courses category for back-end, code, content management, course, django, education, how-to, learning, python, rss, training, tutorial, video course, video tutorial, web development and another uses.
- H.264: H.264
- 19: 19
- 2:13:43: 2:13:43
- No: No
- 960×540: 960×540
- Beginner: Beginner
- 1.57gb: 1.57GB
- 1280×720: 1280×720
Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
If you like the elegance of the Python programming language, Django is the web framework for you! Django is a powerful but pragmatic framework, with an emphasis on getting work done. If you’ve been wanting to learn more about this popular platform for web application development, then this course is for you!
When learning about a new language or technology, it takes more than simply reading documentation. While this is a great start, the best way to learn and retain new knowledge is to put it to use. In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Derek Jensen will show you how to build a real-world web application using Python and Django. Derek will lead you through the development of a news-feed aggregator for your favorite news sites in order to help you master the fundamentals of Django web development.
What You’ll Learn
- Create models and migrations, and view your new database tables as an administrator.
- Learn how a “view” in Django is different from views in other frameworks, and how to create one.
- Create a template and add dynamic data.
- Style the application with Bootstrap.
- Structure the news feed by adding a feeds list page and a feed form and using the feedparser library.
- Discover a simple way to check for and avoid duplicate data.
About the Instructor
Derek Jensen is a lifetime nerd who calls the Chicagoland area home. His day job consists of writing highly transactional back-end web services, data access layers, and n-tier applications using the .NET Framework in C#. You can check out his website, follow him on Twitter, and see his profile on GitHub.