Develop Apps for Android Wear Created by tutsplus. This templates have specific characteristics, namely: The Android Wear API brings the Android platform to the newest generation of wearable devices and smartwatches. With Android Wear, you can create a user experience designed specifically for .
You can use this Develop Apps for Android Wear on Courses category for android, android sdk, android wear, code, course, education, how-to, java, java 8, learning, mobile development, training, tutorial, video course, video tutorial and another uses.
- H.264: H.264
- 16: 16
- 2:42:56: 2:42:56
- No: No
- 960×540: 960×540
- Intermediate: Intermediate
- 3.14gb: 3.14GB
- 1280×800: 1280×800
Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
The Android Wear API brings the Android platform to the newest generation of wearable devices and smartwatches. With Android Wear, you can create a user experience designed specifically for wearables.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Paul Trebilcox-Ruiz will teach you about the various UI components specifically designed for Android Wear. You will also learn how to extend your application to use the new Wear notification types. Paul will use practical examples to demonstrate how each of these new components can improve your wearable device applications, and he’ll also show you how to create a basic digital watch face to help customize your users’ experiences.
What You’ll Learn
- How to debug your applications on a physical Wear device.
- How to support both round and square wearable form factors so that the edges of your UI are not lost on rounded devices.
- Work with WearableListView, DelayedConfirmationView, GridViewPager, and more.
- Add notifications, including multiple pages to display additional content.
- How to add voice replies to notifications.
- Create a watch face and handle watch face states.
About the Instructor
Paul Trebilcox-Ruiz is an Android developer in Boulder, Colorado, USA. He works for Sphero, a company that creates awesome robotic toys, and he has a passion for building Star Wars LEGO sets, playing Ingress and reading. Connect with him on LinkedIn and GitHub+.