J.B.Weather Widget 2.0 – Standalone Created by Stachethemes. This templates have specific characteristics, namely: Weather Widget 2 – Standalone is a simple plugin for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.This is PHP version of our WordPress plugin “Weather Widget .
- None: None
- Jquery: jQuery
- None: None
- Ie8, ie9, ie10, ie11, firefox, safari, opera, chrome: IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
Weather Widget 2 – Standalone is a simple plugin for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.This is PHP version of our WordPress plugin “Weather Widget 2”
– Search location weather by US, UK, Canada Postalcode, Latitude/Longitude and city name- Geocode auto-complete list for cities and countries – Ability to set default location
– Ability to auto detect user location using HTML5 Geolocation
– Celsius or Fahrenheit units
– Kilometers or Miles units
– Displays today’s date, temperature, wind direction and speed, forecast for next 4 days
– Adjustable Width (Note: minimum of 280 pixels)
– Has its own unique icons
– jQuery, AJAX, cURL, Cache
Set up :
– Open file weather-widget-2index.php and follow the STEPs described in the file.
Obtaining API Key
To obtain free API key, go to https://developer.forecast.io/register
Note:The Weather API is free of charge and does not require subscription.
Obtaining Geonames Username
To obtain free Geonames Username, go to http://www.geonames.org/login
After registration enable it on your account page: http://www.geonames.org/manageaccount
– forecast.io API key (you can obtain one for free at https://developer.forecast.io/register)– geonames.org username (you can obtain one for free at http://www.geonames.org/login)– PHP cURL enabled or file_get_contents.
– PHP server is not blocking access to external sources (The Weather API in this case).
– PHP server has read/write permission to store the cache files in the widget folder (mkdir and file_put_contents).
Stay up to date!
You can also follow us on Instagram and soon on YouTube with video tutorials on how to install our plugins and scripts!
- 13 Aug 2016
– Added location detection through IP address
- 06 Apr 2016 Version 2.5
– Weather API has been changed to forecast.io since the old one became paid for new users.